Board of Directors
The 13-member Eastern Habitat Joint Venture (EHJV) Board of Directors includes:
- Six provincial wildlife representatives
- Three representatives from Environment and Climate Change Canada/EHJV regions
- One representative from each of Birds Canada, Ducks Unlimited Canada, Nature Conservancy of Canada and Wildlife Habitat Canada.
EHJV Board Goals
- To oversee the administration and guide the implementation of bird habitat conservation plans in Eastern Canada and provide advice on the North American Waterfowl Management Plan and other conservation plans to the North American Wetlands Conservation Council (Canada) and North American Bird Conservation Initiative (Canada) Council.
- To provide policy advice on issues that may arise related to habitat conservation initiatives, policies and legislation.
- To influence science and technology priorities in order to promote the integration of the needs of wildlife and land users including the adoption of sustainable land-use practices.
- To provide information on landscape cover and bird-habitat relationships to support informed decision making.
- To develop communications and outreach programs and materials for wetlands, waterfowl and other wetland-dependent species conservation as guided by the national communications plan.
EHJV Management Board Partners
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by ehjv.ca GS (see all)
- North American Wetlands Conservation Act – 30 Years Strong! - March 3, 2020
- 30 Years Conserving Wetlands in Eastern Canada - December 2, 2019
- Government of Canada Invests in Wetlands for Migratory Birds - September 11, 2019